CAREERS AT SAFFRONART
With ten years of experience in auctioning Indian art online, Saffronart is committed to serving the growing community of Indian collectors while also creating a cultural bridge to India for both the global Indian diaspora and the international community at large.
With online auctions of art and jewelry, a host of technology enabled services for clients, and a global presence in Mumbai, New York and London, Saffronart has broadened and simplified access to Indian art and jewelry, and is working to achieve the same for real estate. Also involved with various institutions, organizations and publications, the company is driven by an endeavour to provide accurate and timely information on Indian artists, designers, events and trends.
Saffronart is always looking for new talent to serve in the many in-house departments across our offices. These departments include Client Relations, Content, Design, Technology, Logistics, Operations, Marketing and Accounting amongst others. Our team comprises seasoned experts in several fields, many of whom have been with Saffronart since its inception and witnessed their careers grow and evolve along with the company.
If you would like to build a career at Saffronart, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your curriculum vitae.
We are currently recruiting in the following areas:
Junior Designer (Location: Mumbai)
We are looking for a Junior Designer who is enthusiastic and willing to take on any design-related task. They will design layouts and templates for our website, our Facebook and Twitter pages, e-mails, and help with our print catalogues, invitations, and any other event-specific requirement.
- A sound knowledge of graphic designing. A degree in graphic and web design is an added advantage
- Must be skilled in Adobe CS 4 or higher, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Skills in other design software are a bonus
- Knowledge of printing, prepress and photography
- HTML/CSS skills are advantageous
- 3 – 5 years prior work experience
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Should be good at prioritising, multi-tasking and working within tight deadlines
- Should be excellent at ideating and conceptualising for different media
- Excellent team skills
- An attitude to take on any challenge and adapt with changing requirements
If you are interested in applying, please send a C.V. with a cover letter and 3 – 5 samples that demonstrate your design skills to email@example.com
Editor (Location: Mumbai)
As Editor, Saffronart you would be responsible for all content on Saffronart and StoryLTD, including setting editorial direction, implementing a consistent voice and driving the team’s content output. The content would be primarily text-based for both print and online, but would also include web, audio and video.
You will be responsible for overseeing and setting the tone for content development and ensuring quality and timeliness. You will need to have a background in art, whether by academic training or through your past work experience. A background in collectibles, antiquities and/or jewellery is a plus.
- A background in art - history, curation, or writing
- At least 5 years of experience in editing /writing for print and/or digital media
- Abreast of developments in the art world, both in India and abroad
- Highly developed ability to understand audiences and their content needs
- Impeccable skills in writing and editing; meticulous eye for detail
- Organized, ability to manage schedules, delivery-oriented
- Strong interest and/or experience in online media. Online content and blogging skills, including video and audio, are desirable.
Please send a CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Software Engineer (Location: Mumbai)
We are looking for some great tech leaders to architect & build our auction platform and grow products and categories. You will be responsible for building robust, scalable applications for both our website and our mobile platform. You will serve as a lead technical resource in the full development cycle, end-to-end, executing development projects from conception, design, implementation and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in one or more of: C++, Java, C#; and familiarity with one or more of: Python, Perl, Shell, Ruby
- Ability to work collaboratively across different workgroups.
- Expertise in data structures, complex algorithms and object oriented programming.
- Strong analytical, systems and architecture skills.
- Working Knowledge of Web Technologies such as IIS / Tomcat / Hibernate / Subsonic.
- Experience with .NET a plus
Application Engineer (Location: Mumbai)
We are looking for some enthusiastic application engineers to maintain and support our growing auction platform. You will be responsible for troubleshooting, fixing and supporting both our website and our mobile platform. As an application engineer, you will be working very closely with the development team during all stages of software development and completely own the deployment and maintenance phases.
Desired Qualification: BE/B.Tech – Computers/IT
Desired Experience: 1-3 years
The ideal candidate will have these skills :
- BE/ B Tech in Computer Science/IT or an equivalent degree in IT field.
- At least a year of relevant experience in developing web applications.
- Experience in any scripting languages like shell/Perl/Phython/PHP/etc.
- Detailed knowledge of the Windows/ Linux operating system, prior experience with Windows system administration is a plus.
- Working knowledge of web technologies and industry-standard commerce systems.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
- Ability to multi-task, retain composure under stressful conditions, communicate effectively with a wide array of individuals and external vendors of Saffronart, and get the right things done.
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment is a plus.
- Experience with .NET a plus
- Responsible for providing multi-faceted services to the development teams, and working on software deployment, release and maintenance.
- Primary point of contact to address and troubleshoot customer-facing software issues and other auction platform related issues.
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- Provide effective and detailed documentation for frequently occurring issues and the troubleshooting steps.
- System and Support status reporting for closely tracking the open customer issues.
- Efficient error management, monitoring and alarming to notify the development team/business for high severity issues.